Dr. Mall is committed to improving patient outcomes and furthering orthopedic knowledge. Dr. Mall has written numerous journal articles, has presented research at national and international meetings, and continues to teach other orthopedic surgeons surgical skills. We are implementing a new research tool using advances in technology to gather patient outcomes data on our patients without inconveniencing the patient or extending their visit time. This allows us to improve not only the way we do things, but also the way orthopaedic surgeons around the world treat patients. Ultimately we want to assure that we are delivering the best care possible to our patients.
Dr. Mall has been identified as a leader in the field of Orthopedic Surgery and research within this field. Dr. Mall was selected as a Resident Leader during his training to participate in the Resident Leadership Forum developed by the American Orthopedic Association (AOA). Dr. Mall was also selected as an Emerging Leader by the AOA and hand-selected for participation in the Clinician-Scientist Development Program sponsored by the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS), Orthopedic Research and Education Foundation (OREF), and Orthopedic Research Society (ORS).
Current Research Interests
- Patient Outcomes Research
- Rehabilitation and Treatment of Shoulder and Elbow injuries in Throwing Athletes
- Natural History of Cartilage Injuries and Cartilage Restoration Techniques
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament Tear Prevention Programs and Anatomic Ligament Reconstruction
- Shoulder Instability, Treatment for First time and recurrent dislocations
- Patellofemoral Instability and Cartilage Defects
- PRP, Stem Cells and Prolotherapy for the treatment of orthopedic conditions
Publications and Presentations
See Dr. Mall's Publications and Presentations